1. Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the MIAMI database engine instance.
2. Open the Registered Servers window and register a new Central Management Server by using the MIAMI instance of SQL Server.
3. Expand Central Management Servers, right-click MIAMI, and then create a new server group named Miami Management.
4. Add MIAMI\SQLINSTANCE2 and MIAMI\SQLINSTANCE3 to the Miami Management group.
5. Right-click Miami Management, and then click New Query.
6. Note that the status bar shows that you are connected to the two instances.
7. In the Query Editor, type the following code, and then click Execute.
SELECT * FROM sysusers
8. Note that the query returns users from both MIAMI\SQLINSTANCE2 and MIAMI\SQLINSTANCE3.